Tuesday, August 7, 2018

July 30: Inverness

I woke up and went out for a run, leaving Stone behind to work on a story he's writing about the Loch Ness Monster

This is Erik's and my room in our Inverness house

After my run the kids woke up and did their exercise. Then we had a free day, and the kids voted for a history-free day, so we opted for a local escape room, just a quick walk away. There are just two escape rooms in Inverness, and the highest-rated one wasn't open, so we booked the second choice. It was an ok way to spend the morning, but definitely came in last of all the escape rooms we've done. Poorly designed, amateur, and frustrating. But still entertaining. Then afterward the kids were grumpy about me wanting to explore the town so I got frustrated with their attitudes and turned us around to go back home to do chores. 

They turned things around quickly and were so nice to me. And then goofy as always. 

I don't even remember what we did that day... I think people wanted to hang out and rest/read/write in journals, so we did (while Erik worked). In the evening we decided to walk into town for dinner.


And after dinner the kids and I shopped around in lots of cute little woolen stores



And we walked along the river seeing beautiful castles


And cathedrals

And then we stopped at a park and the kids did weird funny things

And I took pictures of my girls' Neopolitan hair (Strawberry, Vanilla, Chocolate)

And they played together like when they were little, which made us all so happy. And then we walked home at 9:00 (still full daylight) and went to bed happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment