Wednesday, June 20, 2018

June 20, 2018: Dublin

Over the course of almost four and a half years I have frequently daydreamed about blog posts, lecturing myself that there is nothing inherently more magical about life in other countries than life at home. But ever since my last post in 2014 any time I would think of something to write, I would find a hundred other things that felt either more important or more fun or more interesting . And so the children have grown up (ages 12, 10, 7, and 5 to ages 17 almost 15, 12, and 10), and I have only captured a precious few moments. I have taken pictures, and my posterity will be able to piece together a general feeling of what our life was life through my school papers and an oceanic email account (sorry, kids! If you want meticulous organization, be glad you have Dad), but I haven't journaled like I did when our family was living in Spain.

And so now here I sit in a kitchen in Dublin, falling asleep every few words as the travel catches up with me. Our 10-hour flight landed at 11:30 am (3:30 am according to our bodies) and we've been trotting through the city with a tour guide all day. We're back in Europe, and though it's silly to chronicle our lives only when we're in a different country, it's better than not recording anything at all!

Walking tour with our fantastic tour guide Cathal, who taught us an Irish dance in St. Stephen's Green

Dublin castle on this chilly day

Walking around listening to fascinating stories, connecting the dots we created as we studied British/Irish/Scottish history all year


2 comments:

  1. HOORAY! hope you post constantly this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you landed for your summer adventure!!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete